- Identify, assess and enhanceoperational, financial and information technology controls providing the Company value added services to achieve business objectives.
- Conduct analyses of risks and corresponding items to be audited in a corporate and an individual project level.
- Prepare audit programs and sampling methods.
- Conduct assurance and advisory reviews of the more complex business functions and processes.
- Develop or improve corporate governance, risks and controls by performing research and analysis of industry rules, regulations and practices.
- Ascertain the reliability of financial and operational data or information maintained and reported.
- Effectively communicate results. This includes preparing clear and concise reports of observations and recommendations for audit and company management.
- Verify and test key controls to comply with Company and statutory Model Audit Rule (MAR) requirements.
- Assist the external auditorsby providing direct assistance for selected assignments.
- A dynamic, highly motivated and reliable individual who can work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to influence andnegotiate with company management.
- Superior identification and solution skills
- Strong desire to build on existing knowledge and take advantage of educational opportunities to enhance audit effectiveness through identification of new risks and control techniques in a continuously changing environment.
- Capability to conduct complex studies and surveys.
- Ability to effectively supervise audit and clerical resources when necessary.
- Expertise with Microsoft desktop software (Word, Excel, Access, Visio) or similar.
- Proficiency with auditsoftware (ACL a plus).
- Proficiency with TeamMate audit management and workpaper software a plus.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification attained or in progress; additional professional certifications - CPA, CFE, CISA etc. - a strong plus.
- Bachelors Degree Required (Accounting or Business Degree a plus)
Minimum of 5 years of broad-based audit experience in the
insurance or financial services industry with a thorough background in:
- Risk-based auditing;
- Accounting principles and techniques
- Statistics and quantitative analysis
- Management practices
- Strong interpersonal skills with a respect for diversity.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational andanalytical skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and work with deadlines.
- Adaptability to changing priorities.
- Problem solving ability
- Detail oriented.
- Occasional travel